Pediatric Chiropractic Care
Carolina Chiropractic Wellness Group, Inc, is a family practice in Hickory, NC, offering chiropractic care for children of all ages. From your newborns to teens, we want to help you give your child a healthy start in life. Chiropractic for kids is gentle, safe, and can be routinely done to support physical growth and development of the nervous system. Our pediatric chiropractor will examine your child and explain the wellness care options before beginning treatment in a warm, friendly environment.
What is Pediatric Chiropractic Care?
The nervous system includes the brain, spinal cord, and nerves that control or regulate body functions. Because a child's nervous system is still developing, even the slightest imbalance from birth trauma or poor nutrition can interfere with their health. Chiropractic care for children is designed to provide a non-invasive, drug-free way to address common pediatric complaints that result. Instead of prescribing medications, chiropractic physicians seek to correct the underlying nervous system imbalances linked to certain childhood illnesses. In addition, care by a pediatric chiropractor promotes a healthy spine, strong bones, and better immunity.
Conditions Treated by a Pediatric Chiropractor
At our family practice, we utilize gentle hands-on techniques and massage therapies to help improve common pediatric ailments such as infantile colic, allergies, ear infections, and:
- Irritability and trouble sleeping
- Breastfeeding issues, e.g., trouble latching
- Digestive disorders, e.g., acid reflux and frequent vomiting
- Respiratory problems, e.g., colds and asthma
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Children
The chiropractor at our family practice will apply the gentlest pressure to the spine to mobilize the vertebral bones and joints into their proper place. This removes nerve interference and increases the flow of healing nutrients to the spine and soft tissue. Not only does spinal correction facilitate proper nervous system function, but it also supports brain development and boosts the child’s overall health in the following ways:
- Healthy Spine: Pediatric adjustments by a chiropractor can reduce the risk of spine curvature, scoliosis, and chronic back pain related to sciatica, herniated disc, and other spinal degeneration problems.
- Strong Bones: Chiropractic adjustments help keep the bones and joints functioning well, particularly inactive children. Your child can also receive an adjustment if a joint moved out of alignment from a fall, playing contact sports, or an accident.
- Better immunity: Strengthening the child's immune system helps improves digestive and respiratory functions. You may notice fewer asthma and allergy attacks as a result.
- Improved Sleep and Behaviors: Children who see a chiropractic physician tend to sleep, focus, and behave better. There may also be an improvement in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Call Carolina Chiropractic Wellness Group Today!
Routine adjustments, massage therapies, and nutritional advice for your little loves provide lifelong benefits. Visit Carolina Chiropractic Wellness Group in Hickory, NC., or call 828-322-4787 to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.