Whiplash and How Chiropractic Care Can Help
At Carolina Chiropractic Wellness Group, Inc., we are committed to providing the best chiropractic care to families in Hickory, NC. With our holistic approach, we can offer relief for common health concerns such as migraines and neck pain. Patients visit us for care for a wide assortment of joint-related health issues. One of the most common conditions we provide care for is whiplash. Whiplash is a common injury that can greatly impact your life, and we are here to help you recover from this personal injury.
Signs You May Have Whiplash
Whiplash is a personal injury typically caused by automobile accidents. However, car accidents are not the only cause of this condition. Whiplash is caused by a sudden jolting impact and can also result from some types of amusement park rides, high-impact sports such as football, and sudden falls. Additionally, it can take time for you to become aware of this condition; even after a car accident, you may not realize you have whiplash for a few days. Some of the symptoms of whiplash can include the following:
- Neck pain is a common symptom of whiplash due to the sudden impact causing the neck to quickly and suddenly snap back or forward, leading to joint and muscle damage.
- Migraines (often centered on the back of the head) are another symptom that whiplash can cause due to damage to the nerves in the neck leading to these severe headaches.
- Damage to the neck can cause issues with other parts of the spinal system and can lead to pain in your arms, shoulders, and upper back.
- Whiplash can also lead to issues with your eyesight, such as vision blurring and problems concentrating.
- Whiplash can also cause vertigo, dizziness, and extreme fatigue.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Hickory, NC
When you need help recovering from whiplash, Carolina Chiropractic Wellness Group, Inc. can assist you in your recovery and help prevent long-term issues. Without proper care, whiplash can take a long time to recover from and can lead to pervasive health issues if not properly addressed. We can provide the care and support you need to aid in your healing. Chiropractic care, such as spinal manipulation, helps adjust your neck joints and relieve the pain from herniated discs.
Other care techniques, such as specific trigger point therapy, soft tissue therapy, corrective advice to help with posture and ergonomics, and continued support, can help you recover from whiplash. When you have whiplash, professional care can help you feel better and assist in the recovery process. If you've been injured, reach out to us at Carolina Chiropractic Wellness Group, Inc. today.